Timesheet / Payroll Information for Employees
Regular Classified Employees
Monthly Long Timesheet
Employees and/or Office Manager on their behalf are to complete the March long timesheet designating any personal leaves, including workers compensation, bereavement, FMLA, parental leave, etc., as was planned for in the month of March.
For those employees who were otherwise available to work, but not required to report to work during school closure commencing March 16 through March 31st, the timesheet should reflect LE (Local Emergency) for the hours of the regular assignment.
- Example 1: If an employee is assigned to work from 9:00‐1:00 pm, and holds an 8.0 hr/day position, the timesheet should reflect 4.0LE. If the employee is working 5hrs at the site and/or remotely, then only 3.0LE is reported on the long timesheet. LE is for hours not worked relative to your position hours (FTE).
- Example 2: Employee holds a 5.5 hr/day position, was not required to report to work or perform any remote work should have 5.5LE reported for each respective work day on the employees’ calendar.
- Example 3: Employees whose work year calendar designates March 16th as non‐paid/non‐work day are not eligible for LE on that day and timesheet should be blacked out or marked with an X on that day.
OFFICE MANAGERS/PRINCIPALS: LONG TIMESHEETS NEED TO BE SCANNED AND EMAILED TO PAYROLL. IF WORKING FROM THE EXCEL DOCUMENT, FILL IN AND PRINT TO PDF, SAVE AND EMAIL. IF WORKING OFF HARD COPY, SCAN ORIGINAL, AND EMAIL. FOR CLASSIFIED TO: MATT COYLE email@example.com; FOR CERTIFICATED: DINAH METAFERIA firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra Time Timesheet (White)
Regular classified employees who were assigned and worked additional assignments and/or hours through March 13th, should fill out either the original duplicate white timesheet or the Adobe PDF digital timesheet for the hours worked. Options for submission:
- PDF fillable routed via email as cited above – LINK TO TIMESHEET
- Email transmission of scanned copy of the duplicate original as follows:
- Paraeducator – Deja Townsend Bryson email@example.com
- Child Care – Amie Mills firstname.lastname@example.org
- Custodian – Tish Hiott email@example.com
- Para/Bilingual/Facilitators – Deborah Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clerical – respective Principal/Office Manager and/or Supervisor
- Mail original or PDF copy to appropriate Department or school site, if principal is the approver. For example, Paraeducators mail to: Student Support Services, 1400 E. Janss Road, Thousand Oaks
Local Emergency Leave Usage Eligibility for March 16 through March 31st is applicable to employees who were formally authorized for a specific long‐term assignment (e.g. Paraeducator I with a 3 hr/day AM regular position, assigned another 3.0 hr/day assignment PM as a long term substitute.) Daily on‐call substitute hours are not eligible for local emergency leave.
- On the digital Adobe PDF timesheet fill in Leave Usage Hours (authorized) consistent with authorized long term daily hours. In the adjacent column Leave Code/Absent EE Name – specify “LE” for local emergency.
- On original duplicate white extra time timesheet, there is no column for leave usage hours, as such specify the hours in the Substitute Hours column with a slash and LE (e.g. 3.0/LE ).
Two (2) options are available for March timesheet completion/submission:
- Original Duplicate Yellow Timesheet: employee is to complete the March timesheet based on hours of service worked through March 13th, and for March 16 through March 31, specify the hours that would have otherwise been assigned based on established class schedule. For those completing the duplicate yellow timesheet, all hours should be listed in the Exempt Assignment column. For hours reported from March 16 through March 31st, each days cell should list hours/LE (e.g. 3.0/LE)
- Adobe PDF Digital Timesheet: employee is to complete the March timesheet based on hours of service worked through March 13th, listing the hours worked in the Exempt Assignment Hours column. For March 16 through March 31st, specify the hours that would have otherwise been assigned based on established class schedule in the Authorized Leave Usage column. In the column “Absence Code” specify “LE” for local emergency.
LINK TO TIMESHEET
- Timesheets must be approved by the Principal/Supervisor, route via email whenever appropriate.
- Office Managers must collect the timesheets and transmit to payroll all at once.
PLEASE NOTE: April payroll submission is to utilize the PDF timesheet.