Who are we?K-Kids Service Leadership Program is an international student-led organization providing members with opportunities to perform service, build character and develop leadership. Each K-Kids Service Leadership Program is supported by a local Kiwanis club.
This program is offered to all Weathersfield students in grades 3-5. K-Kids meets on Fridays at lunch.
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community
- To develop leadership potential
- To foster the development of strong moral character
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation
Core ValuesCharacter building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.
Past Weathersfield K-Kids Service Activities:
- Red Cross book Drive
- Friday Greet Team
- Macy’s Make a Wish/Letters to Santa Campaign
- Create placemats and cards for Ventura County Rescue Mission
- Holiday Sing-Along
- Feed the homeless (Monthly)- Harbor House and Lutheran Social Services
- For the Troops - write cards and letters and pack care packages to send to military
- Crop Walk - raised money and handed out water to walkers
- Manna Food Collection
- Can sorting at Manna
- Make and deliver Valentine Cards for hospice patients
- Collaborated with Ventura County to make valentines for senior citizens
- Collect and donate materials for Sheriff's Department Backpacks delivered to Rescue Mission and James Storehouse
- Pennies for Patients - school-wide campaign
- Right to Write Campaign - collect pencils to send to Africa
- Make and donate dog toys to animal shelters
- Posters for school
- Conejo Valley Relay for Life
- Collect and donate blankets for homeless and foster youth
K-Kids PledgeAs a K-Kid, I promise to serve my neighborhood and my school. I will show respect toward my environment and I will try to make the world a better place in which to live.
All meetings will take place on Fridays at lunch at Rm 20. Contact Mrs. Warner for more information.
Thousand Oaks Kiwanis Club