"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Volunteers can make a significant difference in a child's life, whether they are parents, grandparents, community or business leaders. At Glenwood, we recognize that a strong group of volunteers will ensure an even stronger program for children!
We realize that to build a strong program, we need to reach out to the community and invite members to participate with us in bringing out the very best in each child. We often connect with many of our community partners to work with our students and appreciate their dedication to serving the needs of our Glenwood Gators!
Glenwood is indeed a community school. Our school has many volunteers generously giving their time, skills, and talents. Each volunteer provides valuable services by working directly with small groups of children or by performing clerical tasks, or any number of other jobs needing a pair of willing hands and a loving heart. What makes our school work is the generosity and kindness of everyone involved.
Here are some ways that our volunteers help at Glenwood! Feel free to ask if you have other ideas that you might be able to help!
- Classroom Volunteering - see your child's teacher if you can help!
- Helping during Specialist times (Library, PE, Computers)
- Help create Wednesday Packets on Wednesday mornings
- Work from home to complete things for a classroom
- Volunteer to be an active part of our new PTA (either by being on a committee, or helping with an event)
- School Site Council - Parent Representatives are chosen every spring!
- Support activities by modeling for your child that school is a priority - come to as many events as you can!
I Want to Volunteer! What's Next?
You'll need to take care of a couple of things first. We need to get a TB test clearance, which is good for 4 years. You'll also need to sign a confidentiality agreement which is available in our front office.
Once these are in place, communicate with either the teacher directly, or work with us in the office to help you find a spot!
Required Volunteer Forms