Code of Conduct
A positive approach to discipline is our goal at Redwood.
In order to deal with a situation before it becomes a disciplinary problem, we urge parent conferences as a preventive measure in dealing with poor student behavior. Telephone conferences between parents and teachers, counselors, or administrators are encouraged as a first step in solving possible problems. Teachers may request a conference with a student's parents to discuss lack of academic achievement or poor behavior in class. Parents are urged to request a conference whenever a problem becomes apparent. The counselor is also available for conferencing, and may suggest a meeting with student, parents, all teachers and the counselor. The school administrators often initiate parent conferences for disciplinary reasons.
Code of Conduct
All students have the right to attend school on a safe and orderly campus, which has a structured, pleasant atmosphere, based on mutual respect.
Students Responsibility - Students shall:
- Be considerate of the rights, safety, property and feelings of others.
- Be courteous and respectful to all teachers and other adults on campus.
- Be responsible and accountable for all materials issued to them (textbooks, library books, locks, lockers, keys, I.D. cards).
- Be on time to all classes.
- Bring proper materials to all classes every day.
Students shall not:
- Use profane or vulgar language
- Chew gum
- Throw objects of any kind
- Harass another student in any way
- Climb trees or rocks
- Deface, damage or destroy school property
- Litter school grounds
- Possess or use cigarettes, tobacco, lighters, matches or any smoking related paraphernalia.
- Possess alcohol or drugs (including over the counter medications)
- Ride skateboards, skates, or bikes on campus
- Use walkmans, radios, Ipods or video games on campus