Our volunteers provide assistance to teachers and students in the classroom and thereby help to individualize our instructional program. Your valuable contribution of time is a great benefit to the students. If you would like to volunteer, let your child’s teacher know you are interested.
Parents may participate by:
- Volunteering in their child’s classroom
- Volunteering in the library
- Attending and helping out at school/PFA events such as the Jog-a-thon, Picture Day, etc.
- Going on class Field Trips
- Donating supplies, equipment, or other items
- Providing Spanish translation for PFA written materials or verbal translation at school functions
- Editing and disseminating Parent Newsletters
- Creating the yearbook
Parents who volunteer in their child’s classroom must adhere to the following rules to assure the educational welfare of the entire student community and with the intent to preserve the instructional time of the Conejo Elementary students.
All volunteers must fill out volunteer forms and submit proof of a current TB test.
- All volunteers must SIGN-IN and SIGN-OUT at the office and wear VOLUNTEER BADGES while on campus.
- Parent volunteers may NOT bring siblings or other children of Conejo students onto the campus or when they accompany the class for off-campus instructional activities.
Ways You Can Get Involved at Conejo Academy
PARENT FACULTY ASSOCIATION (PFA)
The PFA is vital for students at Conejo & OCLM. Through their efforts the money is raised for enrichment programs, educational materials and special events. In addition, our school receives music classes that are funded entirely by the PFA. During these years, many parents have dedicated time to support the PFA program. We need your support. Whether large or small, each volunteer counts. Please make your participation in your child's educational experience your number one priority. Mark your calendars and plan to attend the PFA meetings that are generally each month at 3:00 p.m.
SUPPORTERS OF CONEJO OPEN CLASSROOM PROGRAM ENDEAVORS (SCOPE)
SCOPE is a booster club for parents whose students are enrolled in the Open Classroom Leadership Magnet. SCOPE works to provide additional support for project based learning materials, enrichment opportunities, field trips and special events. In addition, SCOPE volunteers work hand-in-hand with our school-wide PFA to support shared programs and events. A schedule of SCOPE meetings will be included in the first SCOPE newsletter of the year.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (ELAC)
ELAC is designed for parents of our English Language Learners. The purpose of this committee is to provide excellent opportunities for parents of second language learners to give input regarding curriculum and instructional practices as well as our school environment. Look for upcoming meeting dates in our Weekly Packet. Child care will be provided and the meetings will be in both English and Spanish.
Please direct your questions regarding ELAC to:
(805) 495-7058 x111
Click Here for the Most Current Volunteer Forms and Requirements