CVUSD Elementary Schools establish a Dress Code so that students feel comfortable being themselves and to maintain a safe learning environment.
Students Must Wear:
- Top (shirt, tank top, etc.)
- Bottoms (pants, sweatpants, leggings, shorts, jeans, skirt, etc.)*
- Closed Toe Shoes (due to recess and Physical Education)
- The equivalent to a top and bottom (dress, jumper, etc.) may also be worn.
Students Cannot Wear:
- Violent language or images.
- Images depicting drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal item or activity.
- Hate speech, profanity, or pornography.
- Images or language that creates a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class.
- Hats, helmets, hoods, or headwear (except as a religious, cultural, or ethnic observance, or medical purpose) when in an indoor classroom environment.
Additionally, district policy indicates that students cannot show visible underwear, not including straps and waistbands. Bathing suits are not allowed to be worn at school (except when as part of an athletic team or PE class). Board shorts are allowed.