Health Office

      Health Office Procedures

      • Use of Casts, Braces, Crutches, Slings, Knee Scooters, etc.
        If your child suffered an injury that requires them to have a cast or may need to use wrist/knee/ankle brace, crutches, slings, knee scooters, etc. you MUST provide a Student Readmission After Injury Form (located under Health Forms) filled out by the doctor. 

        Illness During School Hours
        Students who feel ill during school hours should ask their teacher for a pass to report to the Health Office. Students may not report to the Health Office during passing periods, they must report to their next period class to be present for attendance and ask for a pass. Students should NOT call their parent/guardian before reporting to the Health Office. During an emergency, the pass is not required.

        Medications (Prescription and Over the Counter)
        Any student who will need to take medication during school hours must provide an "Authorization for Medication at School" form (located under Health Forms). A new Authorization Form must be completed EACH year, and must be signed by both the child's physician and a parent/guardian. This includes over-the-counter medications including cough drops, headache medicine and any creams (Neosporin, Benadryl, Cortisone, etc.)

        All medication should come in its original packaging. Please check expiration date. We will not accept medication that is unlabeled, expired, or not in original packaging. Over-the-counter medication should be an unopened package.

        If your child requires an emergency medication or rescue inhaler, you and your doctor must fill out and sign an Individualized Healthcare Plan (IHP) form (located under Health Forms) in addition to the Authorization for Medication at School form. 

      Immunization Requirements

      • New Regulations (starting July 1, 2019)

        Immunization Requirement for 7th Grade
        All students entering, advancing, or transferring into 7th grade for the 2019-2020 school year will need proof of whopping cough booster immunization (also known as 'Tdap'), a second MMR, and a second Varicella for school entry.

        If your child currently has a Personal Belief Exception (PBE) on file, it will NO LONGER be valid upon entering 7th grade. Your child must be completely immunized for all the required immunizations before beginning the 7th grade school year.

        Beginning January 1st, 2021

        Parents of students with existing medical exemptions will need to submit a new exemption when the student begins a new ”grade span.” Grade spans are: birth to preschool, kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) and grades 1-6, and grades 7-12. If your child has a temporary or permanent medical exemption, please check with your physician who will need to electronically file the medical exemption in the California Immunization Registry (CAIR) utilizing a standard form.

        For more information, go to

        Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions


      • rx
        Sandra Uribe

        805.498.3617 x. 1008