Individual students and small groups using the library:
- Passes are required except before school and during lunch.
- Students must leave their library passes at the circulation desk upon entering.
- One to four students may be sent to the library from each class unless prior approval is given.
Classes using the library:
- Sign-up sheets are available to teachers to reserve the library. Only one class may use the library at a time.
- Teachers should indicate the unit to be covered and the library materials needed.
- Teachers are expected to remain with their classes and maintain discipline.
- Students using the library must not interfere with others working there.
- Noisy individuals will be asked to leave.
- Repeat offenders will be deprived of the use of the library.
- No food or beverages will be allowed inside the library.
- Computers are to be used for schoolwork purposes only. E-mail is not allowed.
- The cost to print is five cents per page for black and white, and 50 cents per page for color.
- Library books may be checked out with a Redwood I.D. Only the cardholder may check out books, and students may not check out books for each other.
- Students may check out up to 4 books at a time. Exceptions may be made under certain circumstances.
- Most books may be checked out for 2 weeks. All books are due on the date stamped inside the book pocket.
- Books may be renewed unless reserved by another student.
- Students who wish to borrow a reference book must ask for permission. Certain reference books may not be checked out.
- Students with overdue books will receive an overdue notice.
- After one week, students will receive a second notice.
- After two weeks, students will be summoned and given two days to return the overdue materials or a detention will be assigned.
- Students with overdue books will not be permitted to borrow additional library books.
Lost and Damaged Books:
- Students must pay for all lost or damaged library books and textbooks.
- If a book is later found and returned in good condition, before a replacement has been purchased, the price of the book will be refunded.
- Students who do not pay for lost or damaged library books or textbooks may have their class schedules withheld and may not be able to participate in yearend activities.