Emergency & Disaster Rules
If there is an emergency or disaster on a school day, the following rules apply:
During School Hours
- Your child will be kept AT SCHOOL unless it is unsafe.
- YOUR CHILD WILL BE RELEASED ONLY TO PERSONS LISTED ON YOUR SCHOOL EMERGENCY CARD.
- Anyone attempting to pick up your child will be asked for identification.
- Your child will be taken to the nearest safe location should it be necessary to evacuate the school.
Listen to one of the following Emergency Broadcast Stations (EBS) to determine this location:
*KVEN and KHAY are local primary stations for the Emergency Alert System.
Going To and From School
- Your child is to continue on his/her way to school if he/she is already going to school.
- If your child rides the school bus, the bus driver will go to the nearest school that is safe and remain with the students. The school administrator or his/her designee will then take the responsibility for the students and their safety.
- Your child is to continue on his/her way home if he/she is already going home.
- Review these rules periodically with your child.
- Help your child know where you will probably be during the day.
- Keep a copy of this notice at your daytime location.
- Review the Emergency Procedures outlined in your local telephone directory under "General Information."