"The world is full of magical places, and the library has always been one of them for me. A library can be that special place for our children."
- Julie Andrews
The Library has over 10,000 titles available for students to check out, and an additional 100 books in our reference library. Each class visits every week to listen to Mrs. Collett read, learn library and research skills, and check-out books.
Kindergarten and First Grade are allowed to check out one book at a time, Second through Fifth Graders can check two books out. Exceptions can be made for students who are doing academic research. Just ask Mrs. Collett!
The skills students learn at the Ladera Library will be useful in every library in the world. These skills include:
Rules of Conduct in the Library:
- Quiet voices
- Walk, don’t run
- Use a shelf marker
- Don’t tip and pick; Glide and slide
How to Treat a Library Book:
- Always handle books with clean hands
- Be gentle when turning pages
- Keep books away from babies and pets
- Keep books away from liquids and food (like icky sticky bubblegum!)
- Always use a bookmark
- Bring books back on time
How to Find the Book you Want:
- Dewey Decimal System and other systems libraries use to categorize books
- Illustrated fiction
- Reference literature (Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Atlas, etc.)
The Ladera Library has an Amazon.com wish list if you would like to donate a book to the library! https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1EOHPHKENBE2U?ref_=wl_share