Cypress Elementary is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.**
*Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme or the IB Career-related Certificate (IBCC). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
An International Baccalaureate program prepares students to be active participants in a lifelong journey of learning. This program challenges students both academically and personally. It encompasses the WHOLE CHILD:
- Academics – inquiry and transdisciplinary
- Social Emotional Learning – enthusiasm and empathy
- Inclusive for all students
- Global learning – real world applications that are complex and unpredictable
- Focus learning on Key Concepts and Big Ideas
- Six trans-disciplinary themes aligned to our state standards
Back-to-School Night Information Program