Leadership Opportunity for High School Students - Serve on SDAC!
Conejo Valley Unified School District is currently accepting applications for the Student District Advisory Committee (SDAC) for the 2021-2022 school year.
SDAC is an important committee that works to ensure students' voices are heard on important topics impacting students at our school sites. SDAC promotes open communication between students, administration, and the Board of Education.
SDAC is comprised of student representatives from all five of CVUSD's high school sites. Students who will be enrolled in grade 9 through grade 12 at a CVUSD high school during the 2021-2022 academic year are eligible to apply to serve on this invaluable committee. This committee meets monthly.
Students may submit an online SDAC application for the 2021-2022 school year, via the following school specific links:
Century Academy SDAC Application
The deadline to submit an Application to serve on SDAC is Monday, March 1st.
Conejo Valley High School SDAC Application
Newbury Park High School SDAC Application
Thousand Oaks High School SDAC Application
Westlake High School SDAC Application
If students have any questions about SDAC or the online application, please contact their school site administrator for more information.
More about SDAC
The mission/purpose of SDAC is:
Visit the SDAC website here.
- Create a safe environment for Student Voice to accurately represent our sites unified under one district
- Promote Community Awareness - A partnership between Schools and Community
- Improve conditions at the school site including: Safe environment, effective communication, college and career readiness and clean schools.
- Discuss and take action regarding issues/concerns with student body no matter how great or small.
- Support and promote mental wellness for students, events that focus on the social emotional side, students helping students.
- Advocate to provide more opportunities throughout CVUSD including: positive social environment around campus, entertainment and other unique and non-traditional ideas.
- Provide effective means of communication - student’s ability to contact SDAC regarding various issues, as well as learning from our peers and listening to what they have to offer.
- Celebrate highlights and achievements