For information on Salary Column Changes and Transcript Submission, please go to Salary Schedules & Declaration of Intent
A valid credential is a condition of employment. It is your responsibility to be sure that your credential covers your area of service and that it is renewed before it expires.
NEWSFLASH FROM CTC: Effective April 4, 2016, Educators will begin receiving an e-mail notification to renew their credential when it reaches 90 days prior to its expiration date. It is important that you maintain current contact information, including e-mail address, on file with the Commission. Please go to CTC Credentials Information and to update your information, check your status, and much more.
ALL RENEWALS MUST BE DONE ONLINE. If your credential expires any time in the next 12 months, you can renew online and still retain the same expiration date PLUS 5 years. (See links and instructions below)
Lookup a Credential - OR - Renew a Credential
- Enter your social security number and date of birth.
- Update any changes to your personal information and click on "save".
- Make sure that the correct document is highlighted and change the "no" to a "yes" on the drop down next to the credential.
- Please click on the "complete" button just above on left.
- Answer the Personal and Professional Fitness questions. If you answer yes to a question, a full explanation is required.
- Enter a confirmation e-mail address. You will receive an e-mail confirmation shortly thereafter - please forward this confirmation notice to Gretl Miller at email@example.com. Print the confirmation for your records.
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
If you need assistance, please contact Gretl Miller at (805) 498-4557 ext. 7404 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org