ELD COMMON TERMINOLOGY
The following terms are regularly used in the English Language Development Program:
- ELD: English Language Development
- EL: English Learners
- LEP: Limited English Proficient
- FEP: Fluent English Proficient
- IFEP: Initial Fluent English Proficient, when the student is first identified and after taking the Initial CELDT demonstrates English fluency
- CELDT: California English Language Development Test
- Initial CELDT: The test given to the student when he/she is first identified as an EL.
- Annual CELDT: The test given in the fall once the student is enrolled in the ELD Program and has not achieved reclassification status.
- RFEP: The student has achieved language fluency and changes from the status of English Learner to the Reclassified Fluent English Proficient designation.
- RFS: The Special Education student who has been reclassified
- SDAIE: Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English
- CLAD (Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development): Certification for a teaching credential that authorizes teachers to work with English Learners