There are many ways to get involved and help our school
VOLUNTEER in or out of classroom. There are jobs for those who can't be on campus regularly, as well as ongoing jobs. Contact the PTA volunteer coordinator with any questions.
DONATE Making the direct flat donation in the suggested amount helps us to effectively budget funds throughout the year for specialists and other programs. All donations are appreciated. Donations can also be designated for specific purposes, such as field trips.
Support our fundraising opportunities by attending events, purchasing items at fundraisers, or sponsoring Jog-a-thon participants.
New book donations are welcome for the library and classrooms. At Book Fair, teachers can request book donations they would like in their classrooms. Extra and gently used books that Ladera receives are also donated to local community charities.
Technology products such as flat-screen monitors in good working condition are another donation the school can put to use. Become a "Technology Sponsor."
Become a School Beautification Sponsor or support our Ladera Garden!
For information on any of these opportunities, please contact our school office at 492-3565.
RECYCLE empty juice pouches, Lunchables kits, chip bags, energy bar wrappers and empty gum packages which are collected on campus. Our school will receive 2¢ per item!
Ladera can recycle your used printer cartridges and old cell phones for money or office store credit, which we can use for supplies. Just drop off your items at the school office.
SHOP and EARN points and dollars in these programs:
- Important Note: If you signed up in the past, you must renew every year. E-Scrip is a free program to you. Just register your VONS club card and a certain percentage will be automatically donated to our school. This is at no extra cost to you. Simply sign up by going to www.escrip.com and follow the on-screen instructions. (If you do not know your VONS card number, call 877-723-3929. Be sure to use Ladera's ID # 139436475.
- If you have a Target "Red Card" credit card your purchases can add up as free money for Ladera. Simply go to www.Target.com, scroll down and click on "Red Card - Card Benefits." On the Red Card page, click on "Enroll Now" in the Take Charge of Education section. In "Find a school" enter Ladera's ID # 30502, then designate our school and enter your Red Card info.
- Office Depot
- Not only do they have all the school supplies in-store, they will donate 5% of your school supply purchase directly to Ladera. All you have to do is tell the cashier you would like your purchase to be credited to Ladera Elementary, or give the ID # 70015763.
- School Cents at The Oaks Mall
- Save your receipts from the Oaks Mall (from all stores, including food kiosks), then take them to the Customer Service Desk (located near the Cheesecake Factory) they will log in your purchases under Ladera, and at the end of the year, we may get a prize which will be donated to our school! If you do not have time to log in your receipts at the Customer Service desk, you may simply drop them off in the PTA room or in the designated "School Cents" box which will be located in the front office.
- At ConejoDeals.com, businesses and retailers offer deals directly to consumers in a "one day sale" offer (similar to the Groupon concept). For example, a certificate worth $40 of hair salon styling for $20. For every deal purchased, Conejo Deals donates $1 to a local school, organization, or charity selected by you at the online checkout.
Don't forget Spirit Wear clothing and accessories - at the Dragon Store!