Office Hours are 7:30-4:00
Grades 1-5 Instructional Hours M, Tu, Th, F 8:15-2:40
Early Release for Teacher Common Planning Time EVERY WEDNESDAY @ 1:30 pm
Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten 8:15-1:30
Early Release for Teacher Common Planning Time EVERY WEDNESDAY @ 1:00 pm
Student Supervision begins at 7:55 am - We recommend students arrive between 7:55 am and 8:05 am.
Even a little late is too late - Thanks for arriving at school on time!
Acacia Elementary School is a diverse campus community of approximately 420 students that is committed to providing the best possible education for every student through a program that follows the mission of the Conejo Valley Unified School District to provide a quality education in an environment where every child matters.
At Acacia we aim to provide a safe and supportive school where all of us can be successful, lifelong 21st century learners who embrace the 4 C’s of Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking. Our school theme for the 2014-2015 school year is, “Who do you want to be?” and it encourages students to be self-directed citizens and learners who set goals and achieve them. Students, parents, staff and community at Acacia share this vision that serves as a basis for the development of our school goals, curriculum and educational program.
We want our students to:
- Be enthusiastic and active learners who take pride in themselves and our school.
- Reach high expectations through hard work and perseverance.
- Express themselves clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Read, think critically and problem solve.
- Reason, compute, and communicate mathematically.
- Develop an appreciation for the visual and performing arts.
- Build healthy life habits and a sense of physical well-being.
- Utilize technology to support and enhance their learning.
- Take advantage of the intervention and challenge opportunities our school provides according to their individual needs.
- Embrace and respect diversity in all its forms.
- Be responsible.
- Collaborate effectively and see the value of working together in school, home and community.
We are proud of our students and our school!