Upcoming Event: Spring Transition Fair
It's never too early to learn about resources for students with disabilities after high school. Help your high school student prepare for a quality adult life they envision by attending the Annual 2018-2019 Ventura County Transition Fair. This is an opportunity for parents, teachers, care-providers and students in special education to learn about the process and support available from various community and government agencies when transitioning to adult life. Attend this free event to meet with the representatives from more than thirty different adult service agencies in Ventura County. (No registration required.)
WHAT: 2018-19 Ventura County Annual Transition Fair
Open House to visit agency tables and the following breakout sessions:
- 9:00am Breakout Session- Employment Panel- Local employers and job developers share the qualities employers are looking for, what happens when there is a problem on the job, labor laws/work permits and accommodations in the workplace.
- 10:00am Breakout Session- Educator Panel- Ventura County Special Education Directors share their collaboration and partnerships for successful transition
- 11:00am Breakout Session- Parent Panel- Parents share the steps transitioning their child to adult life though their experiences
- 9:00, 10:00am and 11:00am Breakout Session- Transition Planning- IEP Process * recommended for parents attending the fair for the first time
- 9:00, 10:00am and 11:00am Breakout Session- Student Transition Activities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: High School and Post-Secondary Students who will earn a diploma or who will/ have earned a certificate of completion, Parents/Guardians, Care-Providers, Teachers, and Professionals.
WHEN: Saturday, March 9, 2019 • Agency Open House from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Breakout Sessions 9:00am, 10:00am and 11:00am.
WHERE: Ventura County Office of Education Conference and Educational Services Center • 5100 Adolfo Road, Camarillo, CA 93012
Meet representatives from the following agencies:
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Tri-Counties Regional Center
- Ventura County Behavioral Health
- Public Health
- Actors for Autism
- Taft College