Thank you to all the staff and wonderful students who demonstrated their leadership skills!
More About Conejo Elementary:
Welcome to Conejo Elementary School! Celebrating over 135 years in the Conejo Valley! The mission of the Conejo Valley Unified School District is to meet the academic, cultural, social, and individual needs of students in order to prepare them to make a meaningful contribution to a democratic society.
Conejo Elementary School’s standards-based education promotes the academic, social and the physical development of all students through the collaborative interaction of teachers, families and students. We give our students the opportunities and tools to succeed. Our school strives to create the leaders of tomorrow by:
More About OCLM:
- Incorporating Stephen Covey's 7 Habits for Happy Kids to enrich academics and leadership.
- Facilitating and offering parenting classes.
- Encouraging parent/family participation in a multitude of ways.
At OCLM, we focus on each student individually, providing opportunities for leadership, mentoring and meaningful relationships with adults and peers. This provides the foundation for students to discover their own personal strengths and contribute to their campus community and beyond. This nurturing and inspiring educational environment continues to show its positive effects as our students make their mark as self-motivated, resourceful, empathetic and conscientious middle schoolers.
- Our thematic teaching incorporates all of the standard disciplines into a dynamic curriculum that adapts to the needs and interests of our students and encourages creativity from our teachers.
- We consider the diverse and vibrant community we share with the neighborhood school at Conejo Elementary as an asset, and our program, students and families benefit from the on-campus support and administrative resources provided through CVUSD.
- Our school’s parents, family members, alumni and more work and collaborate in the classroom and for our events, which makes our learning environment more effective and enriching.
- Our “Big/Middle/Little Buddy” projects and whole-school events foster relationships across all grades, and allow for academic and social connections between students as they learn and play.
- Our multi-age classes (K/1, 2/3 and 4/5) means our teachers spend two years with each child, meeting them exactly where they are, getting to know their individual needs and helping them meet their goals. The flexibility of a two-year curriculum and the regular support of additional adults (parents and staff) in the classroom gives them ability to support and challenge student through one-on-one or small group activities.
- Our utilization of the 7 Habits of Leader in Me, builds personal leadership and responsibility in our students, and models a community that understands and values differences, resolves conflict through communication, and offers empathy and compassion for others.