CVUSD Neighborhood School Registration Begins January 21st

CVUSD Neighborhood School Registration Begins January 21st

Enrollment for students in Kindergarten through grade 12 for the 2020-2021 School Year begins on January 21, 2020!

Starting on Tuesday, January 21, 2020, K-12 families may complete the Online Pre-Enrollment process. Please note that completing the Online Pre-Enrollment paperwork is one step of the enrollment process. After completing the Online Pre-Enrollment paperwork, families must print and electronically submit the documents.  Once printed, parents/guardians must bring the documents along with identification and proof of residency to the front office of their assigned CVUSD neighborhood school in order to complete the remaining enrollment process. Please note students will not be officially registered until all documents are received by the school site. For families without computer access, all required enrollment paperwork may be picked up from the front office of their assigned CVUSD neighborhood school.

To determine your assigned “neighborhood school” please use this “Street Index” and “School Locator” map.

For the 2020-2021 academic school year, students who will be five years of age by September 1, 2020 are eligible to enroll in Kindergarten (no exceptions).

Children born between July 1, 2015 and September 1, 2015 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten.  Children born between September 2, 2015 and December 2, 2015 are only eligible for TK. Families who would like to apply for TK must first complete a School Choice Application online here. Prospective TK families must receive approval regarding their School Choice Application prior to enrolling their student at the CVUSD elementary school that they have been approved to attend.

**Please note: If you apply via the School Choice Application process  to attend a CVUSD school other than your assigned neighborhood school, and the School Choice Application is approved, the enrollment documents submitted to your assigned neighborhood school will be forwarded to the approved school (for grades K-12).


Required for Enrollment


Verification of Student Date of Birth:

One of the following items is acceptable for verification of date of birth:

·         Original or certified copy of  Birth Certificate (preferred, with the names of the parents)

·         Passport, Passport Card


Verification of Parent/Guardian Identity:

Any one of the following items (with picture) is acceptable for verification of identity:

·         Valid California driver's license

·         California ID Card

·         Passport, Visa, Consulate ID Card, or  Passport Card


Proof of Residency:

Parent or Guardian must provide one or more of the following for homeowners or renters:

·         Property tax payment receipt

·         Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt (on official letterhead) issued within the last 45 days

·         Utility service bill (gas, electric, trash, water), statement or payment receipt received or postmarked within the last 45 days (must include service and billing address)

·         Pay stub with legal name and current address issued within the last 45 days

·         Voter registration

·         Correspondence from a government agency issued, received, or postmarked within the last 45 days


·         Declaration of Residency executed by the parent or guardian of a pupil


If a parent/guardian and student are living with another family that resides within CVUSD district boundaries, the primary resident or owner must provide separate proof of residency.



Please refer to the Parents’ Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry (available in your enrollment packet).


Health Examination for School Entry:

Health Examination for School Entry Report (parent completes part I; physician completes part II) - Students must obtain a health examination up to 18 months prior to entry into first grade or within 90 days thereafter. The health examination should not occur earlier than March of the TK school year.



Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit:

Student living with someone other than parent/guardian (adult sibling, aunt/uncle, grandparents, etc.) must submit a notarized “Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit” to the Student Support Services Department for approval.

We look forward to providing your student with a premier educational experience in our CVUSD schools!

Previous Article Community Opportunity: Attend a Free Screening of the Film "Intelligent Lives"
Next Article Education Opportunities for Families with Young Children Available at Horizon Hills