Acacia Magnet School
for Enriched Learning
55 W. Norman Ave
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Principal Bennett Wutkee
Acacia's Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM)
focuses on the strengths, talents, passions and interests of the individual student.
Our SEM is based on best practices in gifted education and aims to challenge and enrich every child’s education by facilitating both academic and affective learning opportunities to build a foundation for critical thinking, achievement, innovation and success.
Acacia's student-centered Homework Philosophy empowers students to read, pursue their interests and allows for choice and family time, while working towards their personal learning goals.
- All teachers are trained in gifted education
- 1:1 Chromebooks in grades 3-5 for technology enhanced collaboration and learning.
- A homework philosophy that allows for choice and family time.
- Focus on the individual student through a Total Talent Portfolio that stays with the student year to year.
- Curriculum Compacting, small group learning and support time to facilitate student-driven exploration, research and project.
2626 Michael Drive
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Principal Jeff Rickert
The Environmental Academy for Research Technology of EARTH Sciences (EARThS) is dedicated to helping students acquire the tools of inquiry and expression by delving deeply into subjects with a cross-curricular approach, using earth sciences and technology as a unifying theme for exploration.
All of our students participate in a multi-grade CCSS and Education Environment Initiative aligned outdoor education program designed to increase student awareness of the world around them and cultivate understanding and care about environmental issues.
A unique partnership with the National Park Service led to the development of our fourth/fifth grade SHRUBS (Students Helping Restore Unique BiomeS), second/third grade SPROUTS (Students Practicing Research Outdoors Using Technology and Science), and kindergarten/first grade SEEDS (Students Experiencing the Environment by Doing Science) programs.
Service learning is a major component of EARTHS. Student service projects include restoration, signage, habitat awareness, and litter control.
2855 Borchard Rd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Principal Hallie Chambers
Seqouia Middle School Sequoia is implementing a new program, CREW, which will take place daily after lunch. As a Sequoia CREW we focus on Compassion, Responsibility, Empowerment and our Well-being. On Mondays and Fridays during CREW, all students will participate in activities related to school belonging, mindfulness, pillars of character, team building. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, students will have time for Independent Study (homework, test make-ups, silent reading).
Sequoia offers a wide variety of Exploratory classes to its students. Our goal is to introduce students to a variety of classes and disciplines, giving each student the opportunity to try new and exciting things. Classes include Art, Advanced Computers, ASB, Band, Choir Computers, Digital Production, Environmental Studies, Spanish, Strings and Yearbook.
Our unique Block Schedule involves students attending three classes each day that are 90 minutes each. Students rotate between "A Day" and "B Day" classes which allow for less passing periods which makes the campus calmer and allows for longer instructional blocks. This scheduling also prepares students for Newbury Park High School's block schedule.
Our DISCOVER Academy is a school within a school that offers the advantage of both traditional and small learning opportunities. DISCOVER uses engineering and applied science as interdisciplinary themes. DISCOVER also promotes hands-on, innovative, and inquiry based instruction to encourage a lifelong love of learning in students.
1211 Calle Almendro
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Principal Lori Wall
We are a unique academy, providing discovery, creativity and exploration through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Arts and Math education.)
Our Creation Rotations give students the opportunity to explore visual and performing arts, technology & digital design disciplines through weekly sessions.
We emphasize technology including a 1:1 Take-Home Chromebook Initiative for 4th and 5th grade students, developing presentation, collaboration and research skills along with global connectivity.
Our Discovery Lab provides students with a dedicated, flexible learning space for science and makerspace explorations.
We are a California Gold Ribbon Award 2016 recipient.
280 N. Conejo School Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Principal Kari Taketa
Watch our School Video Here
At OCLM, we focus on each student individually, providing opportunities for leadership, mentoring and meaningful relationships with adults and peers. This provides the foundation for students to discover their own personal strengths and contribute to their campus community and beyond. This nurturing and inspiring educational environment continues to show its positive effects as our students make their mark as self-motivated, resourceful, empathetic and conscientious middle schoolers.
· Our thematic teaching incorporates all of the standard disciplines into a dynamic curriculum that adapts to the needs and interests of our students and encourages creativity from our teachers.
· We consider the diverse and vibrant community we share with the neighborhood school at Conejo Elementary as an asset, and our program, students and families benefit from the on-campus support and administrative resources provided through CVUSD.
· Our school’s parents, family members, alumni and more work and collaborate in the classroom and for our events, which makes our learning environment more effective and enriching.
· Our “Big/Middle/Little Buddy” projects and whole-school events foster relationships across all grades, and allow for academic and social connections between students as they learn and play.
· Our multi-age classes (K/1, 2/3 and 4/5) means our teachers spend two years with each child, meeting them exactly where they are, getting to know their individual needs and helping them meet their goals. The flexibility of a two-year curriculum and the regular support of additional adults (parents and staff) in the classroom gives them ability to support and challenge student through one-on-one or small group activities.
· Our utilization of the 7 Habits of Leader in Me, builds personal leadership and responsibility in our students, and models a community that understands and values differences, resolves conflict through communication, and offers empathy and compassion for others.