A valid credential is a condition of employment. It is your responsibility to be sure that your credential covers your area of service and that it is renewed before it expires.
NEWSFLASH FROM CTC: Effective April 4, 2016, Educators will begin receiving an e-mail notification to renew their credential when it reaches 90 days prior to it's expiration date. It is important that you maintain a current e-mail address on file with the Commission. Please go to www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials and click on "Update Personal Information" under the Educator Login.
*For a tip sheet showing how to check the status of an application or update your personal information on the CTC website, go to http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/online-services/pdf/profile-status-tips.pdf.
IF YOUR CREDENTIAL EXPIRES ANY TIME IN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS YOU CAN RENEW ONLINE AND STILL RETAIN THE SAME EXPIRATION DATE PLUS FIVE YEARS. ALL RENEWALS MUST BE DONE ONLINE. (Please see the links and instructions below)
If you need assistance, please contact Gretl Miller at (805) 498-4557 ext. 7404 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look up a credential
Renew a credential
- Enter your social security number and date of birth.
- Update any changes to your personal information and click on "save".
- Make sure that the correct document is highlighted and change the "no" to a "yes" on the drop down next to the credential.
- Please click on the "complete" button just above on left.
- Answer the Personal and Professional Fitness questions. If you answer yes to a question, a full explanation is required.
- Enter a confirmation e-mail address. You will receive an e-mail confirmation shortly thereafter - please forward this confirmation notice to Gretl Miller at email@example.com. Print the confirmation for your records.
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing